LOOKING BACK, MOVING FORWARD: WELCOME TO 2008
I hate that we only make resolutions at the end of each year, as we reflect back on what we didn’t accomplish (again) while looking forward to a new year of possibilities. That being said, I always play along.
Here is my wish list for 2008:
- The Writer’s Strike ends on their terms; they receive fair compensation for their work via digital distribution and also earn an additional $.04 more per DVD sold.
- A blue president.
- Normal weather. More rain, fewer fires (at least in CA).
- A greener effort by all; environmental advances by individuals and companies alike.
- World peace? Peace in the Middle East?
And the personal stuff:
- More reading, more writing (at least 3-4 blog entries per week) & increased readership.
- Health and healing; full recovery from back surgery and return to an active lifestyle.
- The annual goals: lose weight, use that gym membership, yada yada yada.
- The Oakland A’s contend. That’s all. No expectations of a division championship or beyond.
- Fabulous family time on both continents with all 11 nieces & nephews, 5 sets of brother & sister in-laws, both pairs of parents and my hero/idol/role model (my 97 year old grandmother).
Happy New Year, friends and readers.