Once again, some thoughts about last night’s new episode:
* Whether or not it has anything to do with the magnetic field beneath the hatch, Rose, Locke and Jin have all experienced miraculous healing. Could that also explain Libby’s apparent recovery from mental illness? Or Sawyer’s quick recuperation from the gunshot wound?
* Rose never actually mentioned cancer or specified what kind of illness she had…just that she was in remission.
* The faith healer told Rose that there are certain places with great energy, energy which may be magnetic. Duh, the hatch.
* The faith healer told Rose he couldn’t do anything for her, much like the psychic told Claire in season one.
* It seems kind of ironic that Rousseau and Desmond are so concerned about ‘the sickness’ and yet the survivors are getting healthy and recovering from their various ailments and conditions…
* Note that baby Aaron is the only Lostie to have actually gotten sick so far. Was he infected by the Others while in Claire’s womb?
* When Michael reappears, was he delivered from the Others as part of the trade Jack was proposing? Did they send him because they won’t give Walt back? Was Michael brainwashed or blackmailed? Is he going to turn on the survivors? Did the Others threaten to harm Walt if Michel didn’t help them? The Others were able to drug and/or brainwash Claire, so it’s possible that they did the same to Michael.
* What if the food wasn’t dropped from a plane or balloon? What if it was carried in by the Others and left to look as if it was dropped? Perhaps the hatch blast doors came down because whoever was in the hatch was not supposed to see how the food gets delivered.
* If you recall from the first season, Walt’s mom got ill and died rather suddenly. Is it possible that she had some connection to Dharma? Had she been on the island and contracted the so-called ‘island sickness?’ Do we know for sure that she’s dead? The Others are clearly obsessed with Walt and his powers, so it makes sense that his mom might have been involved at some point.
* Kate found a pair of crutches in the fuselage section a while back and we see tons of them in the faith healer’s office…
* Fake Henry Gale goes on a hunger strike right after a supply of food has arrived on the island…
* Just after the food drop, we hear for the first time about a survivor we haven’t met yet named Neil, a food industry guy (frozen yogurt)…
“Two For the Road”
No character focus specified yet
2-hour Season Finale!
(followed by a summer of watching Season 2 all over again with inevitable overanalysis and speculation)