Milestones, Music & Meditation
I was happy to discover that this particular post happens to be my 400th. In just under 3 years, that is far more than I ever thought I would write or share.
At this very moment I am on a writing retreat, sitting in front of the ocean on a foggy Saturday morning. The setting and environment are picture perfect, along with the weather and tranquility.
Fresh air is something I tend to overlook and ignore, but it certainly awakens introspection and inspiration. Every few years I remove myself from work, home and life for a few days. It is a healthy and necessary mental break. Perspective is essential in order to embrace change, at least for me.
What is my point?
This morning I took a walk along the beach, and my iPod was clearly in sync with my spirit. Although on random shuffle, the songs could not have been more appropriate for exactly where I am right now, location-wise and emotionally.
So I had to share. Here are some suggestions for your own contemplative road trip or hike:
- The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice (O)
- City of Blinding Lights – U2 (How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb)
- Chocolate – Snow Patrol (The Last Kiss: Original Soundtrack)
- Cold Wind – Arcade Fire (Six Feet Under: Everything Ends, Vol. 2)
- Heartbreak World – Matt Nathanson (Some Mad Hope)
- I Will Possess Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie (Narrow Stairs)
- Private Universe – Crowded House (Afterglow)
- Read My Mind [Like Rebel Diamonds Mix] – The Killers (Read My Mind – EP)
- Remember Me As a Time of Day – Explosions in the Sky (How Strange, Innocence)
- Scared – Liz Phair (Liz Phair)
- Walking After You – Foo Fighters (The X-Files: The Album)
- Weird Fishes/Arpeggi – Radiohead (In Rainbows)
- When Your Mind’s Made Up – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (Once soundtrack)
See you next week. Time to pack up the laptop (a cold mist is moving in quickly) and enjoy the scenery instead.
p.s. I will be taking my very first yoga class this week. wish me luck; I am not the most flexible or fit kid on the block or in the office.