RAMBLE ON: QUICK THOUGHTS ABOUT DEXTER, GREY’S, LOST, THE OFFICE, RUNWAY, NEW TV & JT!
1. I have been listening to Justin Timberlake’s new CD. Judging from the lyrics, I think I underestimated Cameron Diaz; she must be a fabulous…girlfriend.
2. My two favorite shows of the season so far? Heroes and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
3. I look forward to 30 Rock, but am a little disconcerted by the fact that the fabulously funny Rachel Dratch has been demoted to part time player; she was a main character, but that role now belongs to Jane Krakowski (Ally McBeal).
4. The Office has returned, better than ever. The premiere episode is destined to become a classic. Does anyone look directly into the eyes of a camera better than Jim? I don’t think so.
5. I can’t wait for Dexter, which begins on Sunday. If you have Showtime, you have to tune in. It’s a genius concept…Michel C. Hall (David from Six Feet Under) stars as a blood splatter expert by day and serial killer by night. Seriously.
6. Grey’s Anatomy: Although many are on Team Meredith (for reasons I cannot fathom), I have always been on Team
7. My thoughts about the four Project Runway finalists: I like Uli and I don’t mind the patterns. I like that Laura is consistent and has a very distinct point of view, not to mention the fact that she looks like an uptight career woman but is in fact a mother of 6 with a sailor’s mouth. I don’t like much at all about Jeffrey. I heart Michael Knight. I am on his bandwagon. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and has a diverse portfolio of styles. Regardless of the outcome, he will probably be the most successful after the show.
8. I love that Sally Field and Tom Skerritt are playing a married couple again, this time on Brothers & Sisters. Don’t forget… they were the parents in Steel Magnolias! Although I always think about and am still creeped out by his infamous scene with Drew Barrymore in Poison Ivy. For the four others of you who have seen this 1992 guilty pleasure flick, one word: piano.
9. The third season of Lost begins next Wednesday…Bring. It. On. I will be posting a blog dedicated to predictions and theories next week before it airs. Stay tuned!